STEAM has announced the SteamOS that is aimed to bring PC games to your living room. The company is also gearing to unveil its prototype Steam Machines and controllers. While the device will not be available for purchasing until next year, some lucky 300 Steam users may get their chance of testing the prototype.
Steam has listed the specification of the prototype. The system will come with Intel processor i7-4770, or i5-4570, or i3. For the GPU, it will include NVIDIA Titan, GTX 780, GTX 760, or GTX 660 and the card will have 3GB of GDDR5. The system will have 16GB of DDR3 and 1TB of storage in the form of SSHD with 8GB for caching, which we presume is from Seagate. The power supply is 80+ Gold 450W. The system will have custom chassis but given to the off the shelf hardware, it is very easy to replace the internal components or upgrade.
- GPU: some units with NVidia Titan, some GTX780, some GTX760, and some GTX660
- CPU: some boxes with Intel i7-4770, some i5-4570, and some i3
- RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CPU), 3GB GDDR5 (GPU)
- Storage: 1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD
- Power Supply: Internal 450w 80Plus Gold
- Dimensions: approx. 12 x 12.4 x 2.9 in high
Want to be the first one to enjoy the system and the new OS? You can. Just follow the instruction from Steam and get your submission in and keep your fingers crossed. Hurry as the eligibility expires on October 25th.