Alright, so I've run into the infamous FF code problem with my XFX 780i SLI motherboard. I've tried everything I know to try to fix this but nothing works. It happened after I installed a different CPU and cooler. I started it up, it almost booted to Windows then I lost video and it just shut down. I started it back up it got to the POST screen, lost video, shut down. Now it has no video, no beep, no HDD light indicator, reset button doesn't work, only FF code showing on the board. No, I didn't install the CPU with power hooked into it.
Things I've tried:
- Running bare minimum in the case (1 RAM stick, CPU, HDD, VGA)
- Took all components out of the case and set it up on cardboard box with 1 RAM stick, CPU, VGA, nothing else. Still the same result.
- Tried clearing the CMOS numerous times, left it unplugged without battery overnight. Nothing.
- Tried the old CPU still no workey.
- Tried pressing on the BIOS chip as seen in EVGA videos(tried all methods from their videos)
I'm convinced this board is dead, the main thing I'm concerned about is if XFX will fix it because I cannot afford a new system and I know they don't do motherboards anymore. I need this computer running. Unfortunately XFX's Tech Support is sort of a joke. OK not really, but seriously, no tech support on the weekends?? People's computers don't mess up on the weekend? Anyways, if someone out there knows of any solutions then please PLEASE help me.
XFX 780i SLI
Old CPU: C2D E6550
New CPU: Xeon X3350
Ram: OCZ 2gb x 3
HDD: Samsung 250gb
No optical drives
PSU: Raidmax 530w
VGA: XFX R7850
That's all I can think of, anything else you need to know just ask. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Problem with my XFX motherboard
1 reply to this topic
Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:02 AM
Sorry, just saw this. Most of the XFX M/B's had a dual bios. move the jumper to use the "back up" and see if that works.
The path to universal understanding starts here: Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users