Here are the specs:
- Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 64-bit
- Asus P8z68-V Pro (BIOS up to date with all settings ready to go for an Auto OC)
- 8 GB (4 by 2) DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 G Skill Intl F3-12800CL7-2GBPI XMP: 1.50V, Clk: 800.0MHz, Timings 7-8-7-24
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, Intel® HD Graphics 3000 (670 BIOS: Version 80.4.4b.0.71 Driver version: 18.104.22.1687)
- Disk drives: Mushkin MKNSSDCL90GB-DX (OS); OCZ-VERTEX2 (Programs); RAID 1 for storage (2 WD 2 TB’s)
I have not OC’ed a z68 before so I am using Asus’ AI Suite. Everything is fine until the system OC’s the 670. It will hang indefinitely. It’ won’t crash, it just hangs and the LED next to the card on the MOBO will flash indicating an error.
1. Since it is an EVGA and I have Precision X on my system, should I just tweak it that way?
2. Would the fact that I am using Virtu MVP (combo the onboard HD 3000 with the 670) be creating the problem?