Summer is almost over and it’s back-to-school time! In the spirit of back-to-school, we've teamed up with Kingston to give away something to help you study. One lucky winner picked at random will have a chance to win an awesome 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD based on the latest SandForce controller. The drive is blazing fast so that you can finish that term paper ahead of time and still have plenty of time left to kill your enemies.
Two other randomly-picked winners will have a chance to win a 4GB DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Blue or a 32GB DataTraveler Ultimate USB 3.0 flash drive.
- Enter the contest by simply do the following:
- Like Bjorn3D's Facebook page and post something in the Scavenger Hunt Contest post.
- Like Kingston's Facebook page and post something in the Scavenger Hunt Contest post.
- Share the contest on your own wall (simply click the share button under the contest post )
- Take a screen shot of your Facebook page showing that you have shared the contest on your wall; send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must complete step 1 in order to qualify for steps 2 and/or 3.
This will get you an entry into the contest. Now to make the contest more interesting, we are going to let you submit extra entries by fulfilling some additional criteria. Every extra entry you earn means your name will be entered into the pool one more time. So if you fulfill all the criteria correctly, you'll have 5 entries, meaning your name will be submitted 5 times, increasing your chance of being picked.
Here's how to increase your chances:
- Throughout our reviews and articles posted in 2011, we have scattered 10 contest images like this
All you have to do is find them and copy the links to the pages you found them on. Once you have gathered all 10, send the list of the links to earn one extra entry.
- Once you have found all 10 links, send an email to email@example.com with the 10 links and your forum username, under the subject "Scavenger Hunt 1".
- For those who want to increase their chances of winning, we also have 10 questions below. The answers to these questions are scattered through reviews and articles we posted in 2011. If you answer 5 of these questions correctly, you will get one extra entry. If you answer all correctly, you will get 2 extra entries.
- Once you have found the answers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the the answers and your forum username and under the subject "Scavenger Hunt 2"
Here's our list of questions:
- What Sandy Bridge-compatible chipset did Intel release this January for SMB users?
- In Alice: Madness Returns, what setting file must be changed to lift the maximum FPS cap?
- On the GIGABYTE HD 6990, what are the two BIOS profiles (give the name and core clock frequency of each profile)?
- Why does a PCI-E SSD based off the SandForce 1200 controller lose performance if written with incompressible data?
- What is the read speed difference in the Everest benchmark between a 1600MHz HyperX H2O kit and an overclocked 1680MHz kit at 8-8-8-24?
- What recently released technology compresses SSD data using a deduplication algorithm on-the-fly?
- What machine is used to perform a 5 year accelerated life test on a piece of computer hardware in less than a week?
- What is one major flaw in the Zalman Z9 Plus?
- On the GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7, what was the highest we pushed up the CPU VCore to?
- In Crysis 2 what are the different levels of Ceph soldiers?
- What product that we haven’t already reviewed would you like us to do a review on? (optional for a fifth entry)
Contests starts today 8-16-2011 and will run till 12PM PST on 8-31-2011.
Edited by peti1212, 16 August 2011 - 06:39 PM.