2x are Samsung drives and 1x Seagate drive. (I forget the models right now). I know it's not optimal since they're not identical, but the have same specs so it'll still work.
If i'm wrong ,Please correct me guys.
Basically as long as the drives have the same specs, the RAID will work without issue. The important thing to know about the HDD specs for RAID, is that all drives should have the same capacity, buffer, and RPM speeds for it to work properly / optimally. Even if they're different capacities but have same specs otherwise, the RAID will still work. If different capacities, they'll only give you a maximum capacity of the smallest drive to work with. So, if you have a 250GB HDD and 2 320GB HDDs and you want to setup a RAID 0, the RAID 0 will only work off of the smaller 250GB HDD. So, instead of having a total capacity of 890GB, you'll only have a total capacity of 750GB.
If you have mixed drives like in my example above and you just want to utilize the capacity of all the drives put together, then you want a JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks). Here, it works similar to RAID 0 but because of the nature of the environment, the controller simply allows for all drives to be used to their fullest capacity without regard for other HDD specifications. Personally, I wouldn't use this but people do.
While your concern of using all identical drives is valid, it's not necessarily a requirement for RAID as long as other aspects of the drives are identical.
As for my Samsung HDDs, yes, they're both identical :-P.
None of you guys noticed the spyware and malware this **** put on your machine? Clean build on my machine tested daily. After installing this thing I spent 2 hours getting all the spyware off. Installed root kit and key logger in it.
OMG.How come ? I provided the official download link from the official site ( http://www.allbenchmark.com/ ) & nothing harmful got installed in my case.I have AVG Internet Security 2013 with latest updates.It did not find anything when i installed it.Also i just checked my Task Manager & Add/Remove Programs.I can't find anything unusual myself.
Guys , Please report back if this happened to you too.Did you download it from the official site Scott ?
This benchmark also got a special mention on HWBOT :- http://hwbot.org/newsflash/1876_catz...___test_it_now
HWBOT says this about this benchmark on the above link :- " This is the best alternative to the Futuremark benchmark series ".
Just as a Proof to be safe from my side.
Anybody is very much welcome to scan & test the app with whatever they have.This is a clean app from my side.I also posted this same post on other forum & no-one had any issues with it.
Please read the above HWBOT.ORG's point of view about this software.And check the download link.It's not mine.It's from the official site http://www.allbenchmark.com/.
It's NOT any way possible that this company will include a Key Logger with their First Benchmark which even HWBOT is praising.
Sorry for the inconvenience though.
This ain't fair.After so many years , I could get the courage to return back where I belong & i'm getting accused of something which i did not do. :(
Will you now tell me that because of this app , BJ3D got offline for the past hours ? :(
Please check if the malware came from a different source. :(
Wow. I noticed none of this. I also scanned the install.
When HWBOT says that it's the best alternative to FutureMark benchmarks , then it can't be like that.
Well I had nothing before the install and after installing it I noticed some sluggishness in my machine. So I ran all the tools I run to fix customers machines on mine as I usually do and crap was in registry and other files. Combifx and RKill had a hay day.
I would wait for everyone's reply here who ran this benchmark. :)
Avast user here, nothing here and nothing suspicious from Hijackthis logs on either machines I ran it on.
Used it and malwarebyte's didnt pick up on anything and neither did MSE
NOD32 didn't pick up anything.
virus total said the link to it was clean, so im not sure whats going on
Check the file scan note: "The URL response could not be retrieved..."