Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: English language did you knows:
07-08-2011, 06:58 AM #1
English language did you knows:
- Did you know the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E
- Did you know the least used letter in the alphabet is Q
- Did you know skiing is the only word with double i
- Did you know dreamt is the only word that ends in mt
- Did you know the first letters of the months July through to November spell JASON
- Did you know there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)
- Did you know the oldest word in the English language is 'town'
- Did you know 'Bookkeeper' and 'bookkeeping' are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters
- Did you know the word 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel
- Did you know the dot on top of the letter 'i' is called a tittle
- Did you know the past tense for the English word 'dare' is 'durst'
- Did you know the word 'testify' derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles
- Did you know The first English dictionary was written in 1755
- Did you know the word old English word 'juke' meaning dancing lends its name to the juke box
- Did you know 1 out of every 8 letters written is an e
- Did you know the longest one syllable word in the English language is 'screeched'
- Did you know all pilots on international flights identify themselves in English regardless of their country of origin
- Did you know the expression to 'knuckle down' originated from playing marbles (players used to put their knuckles to the ground for their best shots)
- Did you know the word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order
- Did you know the most commonly used word in English conversation is 'I'
a.k.a "The Commander"
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Abigaie in forum ProgrammingReplies: 7Last Post: 12-20-2012, 12:28 AM
By Leganfuh in forum Off TopicReplies: 17Last Post: 06-30-2011, 10:48 PM