Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: English language did you knows:
07-08-2011, 06:58 AM #1
English language did you knows:
- Did you know the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E
- Did you know the least used letter in the alphabet is Q
- Did you know skiing is the only word with double i
- Did you know dreamt is the only word that ends in mt
- Did you know the first letters of the months July through to November spell JASON
- Did you know there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)
- Did you know the oldest word in the English language is 'town'
- Did you know 'Bookkeeper' and 'bookkeeping' are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters
- Did you know the word 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel
- Did you know the dot on top of the letter 'i' is called a tittle
- Did you know the past tense for the English word 'dare' is 'durst'
- Did you know the word 'testify' derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles
- Did you know The first English dictionary was written in 1755
- Did you know the word old English word 'juke' meaning dancing lends its name to the juke box
- Did you know 1 out of every 8 letters written is an e
- Did you know the longest one syllable word in the English language is 'screeched'
- Did you know all pilots on international flights identify themselves in English regardless of their country of origin
- Did you know the expression to 'knuckle down' originated from playing marbles (players used to put their knuckles to the ground for their best shots)
- Did you know the word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order
- Did you know the most commonly used word in English conversation is 'I'
a.k.a "The Commander"
07-08-2011, 04:29 PM #2
I like this one.
tried the "jason" thing on my oldest (that's his name) but he already heard it somewhere.The path to universal understanding starts here: Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
07-08-2011, 04:41 PM #3
Is back in action.
Intel Core i7 970 @ 4.2GHz
Crucial Ballistx 1333Mhz 7-7-7-20
XSPC Quad 120mm rad (Loop1)
2x AMD 6970 Crossfire
Koolance 697 (Loop 2)
Swiftech Tri 120mm Rad (Loop2)
x 3 24" 1920x1080 Monitors
PC Power and Cooling 950 Watt PSU
Creative X-FI Fatality Pro
ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme
07-08-2011, 05:47 PM #4
07-08-2011, 06:00 PM #5
I like the testify one. I would not have wanted to be around when it was literal though...RIG:i7-3770k @4.6Ghz/ASUS P8Z77 Deluxe/GSkill DDR3-2400/2xHD7970/Vertex 4/SSonic Plat 1000/H100/HAF XB
Laptop: i7-3630/ 16GB (4x4) DDR3-1600/ HM77/ GTX 675MX@1050Mhz/ 128GB SSD/ 256GB Vector SSD/ 17in Matte/ Steel Series Keyboard/ Killer Networks/ 1080p
SERVER: E3-1240V2/TYAN S5512/Kingston DDR3-1600 ECC/LSI Mega9260-4i w/2xVertex4 256GB RAID0(VMFS Datastore)/Vertex3(System)/X650 SSonic Gold/ESXi 5.1
07-08-2011, 06:14 PM #6
The testify one made me laugh
Opteron 165 @ 2115Mhz | 2Gb Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 |DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR | GeForce 6800 Ultra | 2* Samsung SpinPoint HD160JJ | Corsair AX1200 psu | Plextor PX-716A | Teac DV-516E | Thermaltake Armor case | Corsair Cool watercooling
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Abigaie in forum ProgrammingReplies: 7Last Post: 12-20-2012, 12:28 AM
By Leganfuh in forum Off TopicReplies: 17Last Post: 06-30-2011, 10:48 PM