Results 1 to 15 of 21
Thread: OC with new EVGA FTW 670
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM #1
OC with new EVGA FTW 670
Story: Giga-Bjorn (sig) is going to become my main F@H box in the next week or so. I am replacing it with a z68 but am having problems doing some basic OCíing on it.
Here are the specs:
- Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 64-bit
- Asus P8z68-V Pro (BIOS up to date with all settings ready to go for an Auto OC)
- 8 GB (4 by 2) DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 G Skill Intl F3-12800CL7-2GBPI XMP: 1.50V, Clk: 800.0MHz, Timings 7-8-7-24
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (670 BIOS: Version 80.4.4b.0.71 Driver version: 184.108.40.2067)
- Disk drives: Mushkin MKNSSDCL90GB-DX (OS); OCZ-VERTEX2 (Programs); RAID 1 for storage (2 WD 2 TBís)
I have not OCíed a z68 before so I am using Asusí AI Suite. Everything is fine until the system OCís the 670. It will hang indefinitely. Ití wonít crash, it just hangs and the LED next to the card on the MOBO will flash indicating an error.
1. Since it is an EVGA and I have Precision X on my system, should I just tweak it that way?
2. Would the fact that I am using Virtu MVP (combo the onboard HD 3000 with the 670) be creating the problem?
PaulBBQASUS P8Z68-V PRO; i7 2600k @ 4.1GHz; Kingston HyperX 16 GB @ 1866; Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 90GB SSD with Win7 Home Premium 64bit; OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD 60GB - Programs; 2 WD 2 TB Caviar Green RAID1; WD 2 TB Cavier Green in external USB3 case;EVGA FTW 670 GTX; Acer 22 inch Widescreen; PSU: Ultra 4x 1050
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By RSS_Poster in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2012, 04:50 AM
By RSS_Poster in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-16-2012, 02:46 AM
By RSS_Poster in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM
By RSS_Poster in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
By RSS_Poster in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-22-2012, 07:33 PM